I am excited about a new script I just released: ConvertDocs. It is designed to convert FrameMaker documents and books in batches.
- Convert FrameMaker documents and books to earlier versions.
This is useful for exchanging documents with those using earlier versions of FrameMaker.
- Convert FrameMaker documents and books to MIF or MIF 7.
Translation vendors often require MIF files for their translation software.
Quickly “mif-wash” problem documents.
- Convert from MIF files to FrameMaker documents and books.
Convert localized MIF files back to FrameMaker documents and books.
- “Upconvert” older FrameMaker files to the current version you are using.
After updating FrameMaker, convert your documents and books to the latest version.
- Easily localize ConvertDoc’s interface.
Here is a screenshot of the interface:
Here is the interface localized to German by Klaus Daube. Thank you Klaus!
Here is ConvertDocs documentation. For a limited time, you can purchase a single license for $24 and a site license for $124. Hurry, the sale won’t last long!